A solar-power pump is system running on electricity generated by Solar PV Modules as opposed to grid electricity. The operation of solar powered pumps is more economical mainly due to the lower operation and maintenance costs and has less environment impact than pumps powered by an internal combustion engine (ICE). Solar pumps are useful where grid electricity is unavailable and alternative source (in particular wind) do not provide sufficient energy.
A solar water pumping system mainly consists of array, water pump inverter and DC pump easy for use.
Solar powered water pumps can deliver drinking water as well as for livestock or irrigation purposes.
A solar photovoltaic (SPV) water pumping system consists of:
PV array / Module:
- Should be mounted on a suitable structure with a provision of tracking the sun
Motor Pump Set (Surface or submersible):
- D.C. Motor Pump Set (with Brushes or Brush less D.C.)
- A.C. Induction Motor Pump Set with a suitable Inverter
- Maximum Power Point Tracker (MPPT)
- Rugged construction
- Simple installation and maintenance
- Highly reliable
- No conventional grid electricity required
- Long operating life
- Highly reliable and durable
- Easy to operate and maintain
- Solar Photovoltaic Panels
- Stand & Accessories
- Solar submersible pump
- No inverter - D.C. motor connects directly to solar array
- No fuel cost - uses abundantly available free solar energy
Model ||1HP Surface and V4 Submersible /8 to 15 stage /Oil Filled|
|| 10 to 15 stage|
||230V & 380V
||32mm to 75mm
|Head (in meter)
||6 to 10 meter (1HP Surface Pump)
|| 15 to 45 meter (1HP Submersible Pump/10 stage)
|| 15 to 45 meter (1HP Submersible Pump / 15 Stage)
|Discharge in LPM
|| 600 to 200 LPM
|| 100 to 35 LPM
||100 to 20 LPM
|Shut off Head
|| 60 meter|
|| 2.7 A & 1.7 A
|Size of Cable
|| 1*3*1.5 sq .mm.
|| 2850 RPM V
- Water output figures are on a clear sunny day with three times tracking of SPV panel, under the "Average Daily Solar Radiation" condition of 7.15 KWh/m2 on the surface of PV array (i.e. coplanar with the PV Modules).
- Suction & Delivery Head depends on the site specific condition of the field.
- Submersible pump will be used according to the Dynamic Head of the site.
- For higher or lower head/PV capacity, or in between various models; water output could be decided as per the performance specifications and requirements.
- If submersible pumps are used in lieu of surface pumps, the water output must match that of the surface pumps as specified in this table.
- Module mounting structure shall be MS hot dipped galvanized, with a facility of manual tracking at least three times a day.